Thursday, April 11, 2024

Pastor's Life - Time to Slow Down

Time to Slow Down
by Rev. Jeniffer Rodríguez

I did not start the year the way I wanted. I started feeling really tired. I had no energy and I thought everything was related to all the hard work I put in during the advent season, until I discovered I had COVID. Nobody wants to start the year like that. Adding to that was all of the anxiety of managing two kids at home and doing all the work that needs to be completed.

Even though it was not the way I wanted to start the year, it has been a good time to reflect on my life and everything I have been doing in the past year. During this time that I was forced to slow down due to my health condition, I discovered I was not enjoying every moment or action. I have been doing things for the sake of accomplishing them and spent little time processing everything that I had been doing.

Rev. Jeniffer Rodríguez is pastor of First Presbyterian Church of Ossining, NY. Jeniffer and her husband, Kyle Craig, are the parents of a beautiful 3-year-old girl Emma Sophia and a handsome 1-year-old boy Eric Gabriel. Originally from the Dominican Republic, she pursued her Master of Divinity at McCormick Theological Seminary. Rev. Rodríguez likes to do creative things with art, both for worship and personally. She is a chaplain of the New York City-based Ecumenical Choir Cántico Nuevo (New Song) and is involved in social justice issues.

Featured Resources

A Year-long Season of Stewardship

"Stewardship is rooted in our gratitude to God – a gratitude that doesn’t expire as the leaves fall from the trees." Olanda Carr, Senior Ministry Relations Officer of the East Region, shares how stewardship should be a year-long endeavor and not just something reserved for the fall.

Stewardship Navigator

The Stewardship Navigator is a free, online, stewardship planning tool. Sign up now to select a stewardship campaign, create a narrative budget, and access other resources.

Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Join our group on LinkedIn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Minute for Mission: May 15 Palestinian Nakba Remembrance Day

My reflection to the Presbyterian Church May 15, 2024 Zoughbi Mahmoud Darkish once said, “Whenever they find the reality that doesn’t suit t...