Thursday, February 2, 2023

The Voice of the Martyrs - Hanafi is ready to become a martyr.

Hanafi
A Burning Desire to Share
Christ with Muslims
When Hanafi was a young Muslim student, he often wore all white or, occasionally, all black clothing to signify his Islamic identity and devotion.

But today, 29-year-old Hanafi wears vibrant clothing, colorful silicone wristbands and a large wooden cross around his neck. He admits he’s trying to attract attention, but for the higher purpose of making a bold, visible declaration that he is a Christian in Niger, a majority-Muslim nation.

“When you see me, you will know my identity,” he said. “If you are not a Christian, your heart will hopefully tell you something and maybe you will talk to me.”

Hanafi’s desire to share the gospel developed after his father kicked him out of his house for becoming a Christian. A pastor soon helped Hanafi move to another city, where he enrolled in a Bible school. After graduating, a mentor discipled him, fueling his passion for evangelism.

“God put in my heart that fire of sharing the gospel everywhere I go,” he said. “When I meet a Muslim, I have to tell him I am a Christian and share the gospel with him.”

HELP FRONT-LINE WORKERS


Person being baptized in open water

Proclaiming the gospel in Niger comes at a price. Islamists routinely attack Christians in the country’s border regions, and Muslim villagers persecute those who leave Islam to follow Christ.

But Hanafi has no fear of persecution. “For me, persecution is part of growth,” he said. “The more you are persecuted, the stronger you’ll be in Jesus.” He said he wants to do more for God than just attend church; he wants to be used by him to reach Muslims.

Hanafi asks for prayers that the gospel will continue to spread throughout Niger and that he will be able to help persecuted Christians there.

“Also, pray that the fire that is burning in my life for evangelism, that God will continue to strengthen me no matter what,” he said, “even if I lose my life because of it. I want the gospel to be preached everywhere, even if I become a martyr.”

You can partner with front-line workers like Hanafi as they work to advance God’s kingdom. And when you support the ongoing efforts of front-line workers with a monthly gift, you’ll receive a VOM Global Prayer Journal.

GIVE NOW


Share by EmailPlease forward this email to Christian friends who will be inspired to pray for and support our persecuted Christian family.
Share this special opportunity with your friends and family.Share by EmailShare on FacebookShare on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today in the Mission Yearbook - ‘Everything Good about God is True: Choosing Faith’ author Bruce Reyes-Chow is the guest on a new podcast

‘Around the Table’ looks at the at-home conversations that can foster faith formation May 20, 2024 As the guest of the new podcast “Around t...